CWL is a worldwide organisation, united in friendship and love, where members use and develop their talents in projects for the world, the nation, the diocese and the parish.
On behalf of your National officers I would like to assure all our members that you are very much in our thoughts and prayers in these strange and unprecedented times. I expect most of the Branches and Sections have understandably suspended meetings for the time being.
Stop Press—Good news The AGM IS GOING AHEAD
AGM: 23rd—25th October 2020
We’ve been attending The Hayes Conference Centre for many years and know they are always committed to helping us feel safe, welcome and relaxed.
The Hayes Conference has updated us on important changes they are making to ensure your safety which I share with you here:
- All staff will be thoroughly trained to be able to serve you in a safe and welcoming environment. They will be equipped with personal protective equipment (PPE) and will follow strict guidelines for cleanliness.
- The conference centre will be deep cleaned and sanitisation of public areas will be carried out at regular intervals throughout your stay.
- Disposable key lanyards will be used, biodegradable bags will be placed in each room for towel disposal and guest to staff ratio will be increased to ensure constant cleaning.
- Required social distancing will be implemented and a one-way system will be clearly marked to allow for separation as you move around.
- Reconfigured meeting rooms, coffee points, lounges, and dining rooms will fully comply with social distancing guidelines.
- On arrival you will be temperature checked with a simple non-contact thermometer and there will be a supply of PPE should you require gloves or a mask.
- The Dining Room will still be serving up delicious meals but there will be no self-service; staff will plate up your choice of meal behind a Perspex screen and lunches, salads and desserts will be pre-packaged.
If you would like to attend it is not too late to make a decision and we will keep options open as news and circumstances evolve so if you are not able to make a decision now you may be able to apply at a later date. The current closing date is 15th September. All you need to do now is to email Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org and request a booking form.
In the meantime, as lockdown starts to ease, please do keep safe and support one another especially those living alone.